There are 4 basic ways to suspend an item within OGSYS (other than minimum suspense) - by owner, by well, by deck, or by individual item.
1. To suspend all of the billing or revenue or lease payments for a specific owner:
- Use Owner Maintenance (Master Maintenance, Entity Maintenance) to suspend items. Go to Owner Maintenance to the Specific Owner Data tab and check the box next to Suspend Billing (to suspend JIB's) or Suspend Revenue (to suspend royalty payments) or Suspend Lease Pymt (to suspend land payments from the lease module) for an owner. Whenever revenue is suspended for an owner you are prompted to provide a Rev. Susp. Categ. (suspense code).
- Use Revenue Check Status Inquire/Edit (Revenue Processing, Owner Revenue Checks) to suspend all of the revenue for the owner. When you inquire on a specific owner and retrieve their data an option appears to Suspend-All. Choose a suspense code from the pull-down menu. The suspense code coordinates with the suspense code in Owner Maintenance. A change in Owner Maintenance will change the suspense code in Revenue Check Status Inquire/Edit and vice versa.
- Use JIB Expense Status/Edit by Owner (Joint Interest Billing Processing) to suspend all of the joint interest billings for an owner. Retrieve an owner's outstanding billable items. Check the box beside Suspend-All.
- To unsuspend items suspended by owner, utilize Owner Maintenance to uncheck the suspense box or change the suspense status in Revenue Check Status Inquire/Edit (for revenue) or JIB Expense Status/Edit by Owner (for JIB).
2. To suspend all of the billing or revenue for a specific well:
- Use Well Maintenance (Master Maintenance, Property Maintenance) to suspend items. Go to Well Maintenance to the Master Info 2 tab and check the box for Hold-All-Billing (to suspend JIB's) or Suspend-All-Revenue (to suspend royalty payments) and provide the suspense code for all transactions relating to this well.
- Use JIB Expense Status/Edit by Well (Joint Interest Billing Processing) to suspend all of the joint interest billings for a well. Retrieve a well's billable items. Check the Suspend-All box.
- To unsuspend items suspended by well, utilize Well Maintenance to uncheck the suspense box or change the suspense status in JIB Expense Status/Edit by Well.
3. To suspend all new revenue posted to an owner on a specific deck:
- Use Revenue Deck Maintenance (Master Maintenance, Property Maintenance). Retrieve the well and applicable deck. Enter the suspense code on the owner's line that you wish to suspend. Revenue for this owner posted through this deck from this point forward will be suspended automatically. To unsuspend items suspended by the deck, use Revenue Check Status/Edit and individually unsuspend items.
- See the next section for how to unsuspend items suspended in the deck.
4. To suspend individual items by well or by owner:
- Use Revenue Check Status/Edit (Revenue Processing, Owner Revenue Checks) to suspend individual royalty items. Retrieve the applicable owner and change the FSP column (status column) for that individual item to a valid suspense code.
- Use JIB Expense Status/Edit by Owner (Joint Interest Billing Processing) to suspend unbilled expense items for one owner. Retrieve the applicable owner and change the BSC (Bill, Suspend, Clear) item to the suspense code.
- Use JIB Expense Status/Edit by Well (Joint Interest Billing Processing) to suspend unbilled expense items for all owners billed using a specific well and deck. Retrieve the applicable well and change the BSC (Bill, Suspend, Clear) item to the suspense code. The distributions to all of the individual owners for this item will all be suspended individually.
- To unsuspend revenue items suspended individually (or through a revenue deck),
- Utilize Revenue Check Status Inquire/Edit to retrieve the owner and change the FSP column to ‘Full Payment’ for each item one-by-one and Save.
- Whenever a change is made in an individual item in Revenue Check Status Inquire/Edit, upon clicking OK an option is presented to propagate/copy that change to other items. Choices include to Propagate the change to ALL other items, to just items for the same well, to items for the same product, to items with the same interest type or items with the same Production month. If you do not want to propagate the change click Cancel.
- To unsuspend all items for an owner at the same time, either utilize the Propagate Change option above or utilize JIB Redistribution to redistribute that owner’s revenue back to the SAME owner code but change the “New Status” to ‘Billable’ before posting.
- Use Suspense Category Maintenance (Master Maintenance, Revenue Maintenance) to define revenue suspense codes. Valid codes are 1-9, “C” – “L”, and “S”. Codes A and B are reserved for Owner/Well suspended and Below Check Minimum, respectively, and cannot be reassigned. This step is not required but can be useful to classify the reasons for suspense items. There is no validation against the definitions.
- Minimum Suspense:
- JIB minimum suspense is set by owner in Owner Maintenance in the the Min.JIB field.
- The Minimum JIB amount entered is a by-owner, by-well minimum.
- There is no override when running JIB Invoices. This is the only place where the JIB minimum is specified.
- There is no separate G/L account for JIB minimum amounts.
- Revenue minimum suspense is determined by-owner in total. The suggested method for specifying revenue check minimums is to determine a company minimum amount and then only enter Owner level minimum check amounts where it differs from the company standard.
- When running Revenue Check Prelists, Revenue Summary Statements and Revenue Check Print processes, specify the company minimum in the “Minimum Check Amount” field.
- Amounts entered in Owner Maintenance as the “Min.Check” will override the Minimum Check Amount entered when running the Revenue Check Prelists, Revenue Summary Statements and Revenue Check Print processes.
- To disregard the amounts entered in Owner Maintenance (for example, to release minimum suspense), check the box “Ignore Owner Minimum”.
- During the Revenue Check Print process the owner minimum amounts are automatically calculated and transferred to the Minimum Suspense account (Company Fixed Account).
- Once an item is suspended it will not be available for payment through a system check (revenue), for billing through a JIB invoice (expenses), or for cross-clearing (revenue) until the suspense is removed.
- Print a full Revenue Check Prelist (420) or a full JIB prelist (720-02 or 720-03) to see how items were suspended (by well, by owner, individually). The brief prelists only indicate that the items are suspended, but not the reason. There is also an Excel version of the JIB Prelist (E720) available.
- The Revenue Suspense Report (Report 440) lists all owners with suspended revenue. It does not include the owners in suspense due to amounts below minimum unless the box is checked “Print Minimum Suspense Also”. The Excel Suspense Report (ESR) also lists all owners with suspended revenue and includes selections to choose just minimum suspense by check “B” in the Suspense Category for below minimum.
- The Excel JIB Suspense Report (ESJ) lists all JIB Suspense item types including Suspense by owner, suspense by well, Exp to Clear and Item Suspended. Minimum suspense is not included in the report.